Thanks to generous alumni and industry support, MGE awards more than $8,000 in scholarships per undergraduate each academic year. With additional support from the University of Arizona and College of Engineering, many students graduate debt-free.
Apply for scholarships through the UA Scholarship Universe.
More information on undergraduate scholarships and financial aid is available through the College of Engineering.
Additionally, the UA Veterans Education & Transition Services lists military-affiliated resources.
Western Universities Exchange Program
Nonresident students from member states of the Western Universities Exchange Program pursuing a bachelor of science in mining engineering may be eligible for a greatly discounted tuition rate. WUE participants pay 150 percent of resident tuition rather than full nonresident tuition. Below are applicant requirements. Further information is available on the WUE website and in the UA Catalog.
- Meet UA and College of Engineering Admissions requirements.
- Clearly mark on your UA application that you seek admission as a WUE student.
- Submit WUE application form (DOC) to the UA Department of Mining and Geological Engineering.
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA and successful completion of Calculus I, if you are a transfer student.
WUE status is available until completion of the degree program, up to four years, provided students meet the following criteria:
- Maintain full-time status, 12 credit hours
- Keep a cumulative GPA of 2.25
- Retain state of residency
- Remain in MGE undergraduate program
- Submit WUE application form (DOC) each semester to the MGE department for approval