UA Mining Engineering Ranked Fourth in Nation
Friday, March 24, 2023
A new report from the global higher education analysis company Quacquarelli Symonds shows that the University of Arizona is among the most impactful research universities in the world. The 2023 QS World University Rankings shows that the UA ranks fourth in the US for mineral and mining engineering, and No. 27 overall.
QS uses six indicators to compile the organization's World University Rankings:
- Academic reputation (40%): This is based on responses to the QS Global Academic Reputation Survey from more than 151,000 academics.
- Citations per faculty (20%): This measures the average number of citations obtained per faculty member. It is an estimate of the impact and quality of the scientific work produced by universities. This indicator is calculated using data from Elsevier's Scopus research citations database.
- Faculty/student ratio (20%): Student numbers are divided by faculty numbers, giving the global student population some indication of likely class sizes at their chosen institution.
- Employer reputation (10%): This is based on responses to the QS Global Employer Reputation Survey from more than 99,000 employers about the relationship between institutions and graduate employability.
- International faculty ratio (5%): One of two QS measures of internationalization, this is the proportion of international faculty at an institution.
- International student ratio (5%): The second of measure of internationalization is the proportion of international students at an institution.